Sleep and insomnia are tough issues for a good number of Americans. Our guide to the best CBD oil for sleep and insomnia will educate you on how CBD can be used as a natural alternative in the treatment of sleep and insomnia issues. We’ll also give you our picks for products from some of the top brands in the industry.
According to the American Sleep Association, the striking truth is that almost 70 million Americans suffer from difficult sleep issues. Moreover, at least 30% of adults struggle with insomnia while around 10% of adults live with chronic insomnia. Even though insomnia is a common sleep disorder, scientists say that poor sleep or lack of sleep can lead to poor functioning of the brain and body. Generally, adults should be getting around 7-9 hours of sleep each night, while teenagers need 8-10 hours of sleep, and young children need 9-12 hours of sleep.
Because sleep is such a prominent issue, it’s almost shocking to know that almost 9 million Americans take prescription sleep medication. Even more shocking is that almost 18% of Americans use these types of medications on a daily basis. The good news is that today, more people are seeking out natural alternatives to help them relax at night and potentially control tough medical issues that impact sleep like insomnia, chronic pain, arthritis, epilepsy, and others. Scientists have found that CBD may help to calm a large number of health issues like sleep disorders and insomnia.
Our guide to the best CBD oil for sleep and insomnia will show you how CBD may be helpful in allowing you to achieve more restful and restorative sleep, as well as guide you towards our picks for the best brands with some of the most potent, pure, and effective CBD oils on the market.
How We Came Up with Our Best CBD Oil for Sleep Brands
As we started to review CBD oil brands, we knew our list would grow to be quite enormous. And we were right! Once we cut down the list into something more manageable, we then crafted specific criteria to help us whittle the list down even more. Our main goal was to give our readers the best CBD oil brands for sleep and insomnia.
In trying to come up with specific guidelines for our list, we looked closely at:
- Concentration of CBD
- Third-party lab testing
- Product types
- Customer reviews
As we went through our guidelines and compared them with the brands on our list, we were able to cut our list down even further until we were left with the top 15 CBD oils for sleep and insomnia that are presented below.
Top 15 CBD Oil Brands for Sleep and Insomnia in 2022
We carefully selected our top 15 brands based on the strict criteria we came up with. After we sifted through a long list of reputable brands, we decided that the following brands were the most reputable and had the most potent and effective CBD oils:
- FAB CBD — Most Potent
- NuLeaf Naturals — Potent CBD Oils
- Batch CBD — Organic Hemp Extracts
- cbdMD — Solid Product Line
- MedTerra — Largest Variety
- CBDistillery — Most Options
- PlusCBD — Strong Mission
- Green Roads — Pharmacist Formulated
- Hemp Bombs —Unique Product Line
- Joy Organics — Fresh Flavor Varieties
- Populum — Best Organic
- CBDPure — Pure and Potent Products
- Premium Jane — Clean Products
- Lazarus Naturals — Strong Reputation
- Cheef Botanicals — Education-Based
15 Best CBD Oils for Sleep in 2022
FAB CBD made its grand entrance into the CBD world in 2017 and has since grown as one of the most trusted and reputable brands around. The brand is highly transparent, believes in helping customers naturally advance their health and wellness goals, and prides itself on crafting high-quality, top-shelf CBD products that everyone can use and afford. FAB CBD has grown in popularity among CBD enthusiasts because of its reputation for being a trustworthy, transparent brand that truly cares about its customers’ needs. To that end, the brand’s mission has always been to create the very best CBD and nutritional products that allow customers to live a preventative wellness lifestyle.
Everyone at FAB CBD is well aware of what it takes to bring the brand’s mission to life. Because of this, they all take great care to formulate the most potent, cleanest, and most effective CBD products on the market today. Long-time customers frequently comment about how the brand’s products have helped them in one way or another. They also rave about FAB CBD’s caring, kind, and empathetic customer service department. Truly, when it comes to products, transparency, customer service, and reputation, it was without hesitation that FAB CBD would be our number one pick for the best CBD oils for sleep and insomnia.
- Highlights — FAB CBD stands out in an industry that is overwhelmed with CBD brands and products because of its stellar customer service, transparency, and top-shelf products. The brand’s caring and warm customer service department, along with its top-not products are two of the main reasons why customers keep coming back time and time again.
- Hemp Sources — FAB CBD’s award-winning extracts come directly from organically grown Colorado hemp that’s free from pesticides, herbicides, and other dangerous chemicals. The brand is extremely innovative in its use of cutting-edge cloning and growing equipment to ensure that only the best, most pure extracts come from its hemp. Moreover, FAB CBD uses the industry-preferred, clean CO2 extraction process to make sure that all of its extracts are pristine, potent, and pure.
- About FAB CBD Oil — FAB CBD’s full-spectrum CBD oils come in a variety of strengths including 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400 mg of CBD, and in smooth and delicious flavors like vanilla, mint, berry, citrus, and natural.
- Lab Testing — Transparency is of utmost importance to everyone at FAB CBD. Therefore, the brand hires ProVerde Laboratories, a third-party lab, to test all of its products for strength and purity. FAB CBD then makes all of those results public on its website.
- Customer Service — The brand’s customer service department is caring, warm, and highly attentive to customers’ questions and concerns.
- Pros — FAB CBD is involved in the creation process of all its products from seed to sale. All of the product ingredients come from clean, quality, organic sources. The brand’s full-spectrum oils are potent and pure. Lastly, when compared to other reputable brands in the CBD industry, FAB CBD’s prices are affordable and reflect the high-quality products that you’re ordering.
- Cons — There currently is no international shipping available.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — There was no doubt in our minds that FAB CBD was going to be our number one choice for the best CBD oil for sleep and insomnia. When it comes to transparency, top-notch customer service, and top-shelf, potent CBD products, FAB CBD stands out head and shoulders above the rest. The brand works tirelessly to keep bringing its customers innovative CBD products that will help boost their health as well as help them meet their wellness goals.
NuLeaf Naturals has been crafting top-quality, effective, and potent CBD products since 2014. All of the brand’s products are crafted from clean, full-spectrum hemp and do not contain any dangerous chemicals or harmful additives. In fact, NuLeaf Naturals is one of the first CBD brands to be Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) compliant.
- Highlights — NuLeaf Naturals uses the clean CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its full-spectrum hemp extracts. The brand’s production lab is registered with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is inspected by the Colorado State Department of Public Health and Environment. NuLeaf Naturals offers a CBD oil discount program.
- Source of Hemp — The brand uses organically grown hemp from Colorado.
- About The CBD Oil — NuLeaf Naturals creates unflavored full-spectrum CBD oils in strengths of 300mg, 900mg, 1800mg, 3000mg, and 6000mg.
- Lab Testing — The brand has all of its products tested by a third-party lab.
- Customer Service — Helpful customer service department.
- Pros — The extremely transparent brand that makes clean and potent full-spectrum CBD oils. GMP-certified and ISO-compliant brand.
- Cons — No CBD oil flavor options. Some customers dislike the earthy, grassy taste of the brand’s CBD oils.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — NuLeaf Naturals holds GMP- and ISO-certifications for its top-notch manufacturing practices, safety protocols, and standards for cleanliness. We like the fact that customers can apply for assistance programs and receive meaningful discount coupon codes. Veterans, first responders, nurses, medical providers, low-income individuals, social workers, caretakers, teachers, students, non-profit groups and organizations, and individuals on long-term disability can apply for the brand’s discount program.
Batch uses functional botanical ingredients and organic hemp extracts to make products that help customers feel good. The founders of the brand were born and raised in Wisconsin. To that end, the brand’s founders have a passion for transparency. As part of that dedication to transparency, Batch CBD offers tours of its labs when customers call ahead to request them. The brand hand-crafts its products batch by batch, and its operations are all in one Milwaukee, Wisconsin location. In creating its products, the brand tries to use a small range of ingredients so that it can focus on function and science. Lastly, the founders grew together in Milwaukee and started growing their love for entrepreneurship as college roommates. They have combined degrees in business and chemical engineering.
- Highlights — Batch offers a unique product line that’s created in Wisconsin from seed to sale.
- Hemp Sources — Organic hemp that’s grown and hand-harvested by family farmers in Wisconsin through the Wisconsin Hemp Pilot Program.
- About the CBD Oil — The brand makes full-spectrum CBD oil in a unique line of blends that include Dream CBD Oil Tincture, Calm CBD Oil Tincture, Gold Reserve Blend, Original CBD Oil Tincture, and Clarity CBD Oil Tincture. The Dream CBD Oil, Clarity CBD Oil, and Calm CBD Oil tinctures come in strengths of 1000mg and 3000mg, the Gold Reserve comes in 4000mg strength, and the brand’s Original CBD Oil Tincture comes in 500mg, 1000mg, 2000mg, and 3000mg potencies.
- Lab Testing — Each product is tested by a third-party at an accredited lab facility.
- Customer Service — Knowledgeable and responsive customer service.
- Pros — Batch celebrates its Wisconsin roots while making an interesting line of CBD oil tinctures in an array of strengths and natural flavors.
- Cons — It can be difficult to find third-party lab reports on the brand’s website.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Batch CBD leans on its Wisconsin roots to create distinctly named varieties of CBD oil in an array of strengths and natural flavors. Overall, Batch CBD is a solid brand with a strong reputation among CBD customers.
cbdMD is one of those reputable brands with a very large selection of high-quality products to choose from. In fact, the brand’s product line includes topicals, bath bombs, sprays, gummies, CBD tinctures, CBD oil for pets, and more. The brand is highly transparent and cares deeply about the way in which its products are created. Like most of our other reputable brands, cbdMD also believes that everyone should be able to have access to CBD products, and therefore keeps its prices both affordable and competitive.
- Highlights — Broad spectrum oil in a large array of flavors and strengths. All CBD extracts are obtained through the industry-preferred, clean CO2 extraction process. The only additional ingredients in the brand’s oils are MCT oil, terpenes, and natural flavors.
- Hemp Sources — Hemp that’s grown and harvested throughout the United States.
- About the CBD Oil — Broad spectrum oil in strengths of 300mg, 750mg, 1000mg, 1500mg, 3000mg, 5000mg, and 7500mg, and in flavors like natural, berry, orange, and mint.
- Lab Testing — All products are tested by an ISO-certified laboratory.
- Customer Service — Strong customer service department that’s responsive.
- Pros — The brand has an extensive product lineup.
- Cons — While having a large variety may be good for some, it can be overwhelming to others — especially those who are new to CBD.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — cbdMD works hard to put forth a large selection of products that are clean, potent, and effective. It’s nice that customers have so many options to choose from, but if you’re new to CBD, then you may become easily overwhelmed.
MedTerra was founded by a band of passionate CBD lovers. The group of friends held a staunch belief in the healing power of the cannabis plant. Today, everyone at MedTerra still goes above and beyond to make sure that CBD is affordable and available to everyone. The brand is involved from seed to sale because MedTerra aims to be accountable for what it creates. MedTerra employs a team of experts that has knowledge in vegetable genetics, quality control, food-grade compound extraction, and best hemp farming practices.
- Highlights — MedTerra makes full-spectrum oils in a large range of potencies. All extracts are obtained through the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process. The brand offers a large array of products including CBD tinctures, topicals, CBD supplements, gummies, capsules, and CBD for pets. MedTerra also has a website that caters to European countries like Spain, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and Greece. Domestic shipping is offered in the United States and International shipping in some European countries.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s hemp is non-GMO and grown in Kentucky.
- About The CBD Oil — MedTerra offers full-spectrum CBD oil Hemp Drops in strengths of 750mg, 1500mg, 3000mg, and 6000mg in flavors of Citrus and Chocolate Mint.
- Lab Testing — All products are tested by an independent lab.
- Customer Service — Friendly and smart customer service department that prides itself on helping customers in any way possible.
- Pros — The brand has a strong selection of products in many different potencies. MedTerra also ships internationally and offers assistance and rewards programs.
- Cons — MedTerra has limited flavor options for its CBD oils.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — MedTerra is a solid brand that has a strong reputation for being helpful, transparent, and for creating effective, clean products. The brand also guarantees that it is Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified. MedTerra strives to use innovation to create top-quality CBD products that help promote immunity, muscle and joint support, general wellbeing, and a healthy sleep cycle.
CBDistillery first came about in 2016 as a way to bring CBD to the entire world. The brand’s founders sought to make high-quality, affordable CBD products for everyone. To that end, the team focuses on teamwork, accountability, being respectful, having a can-do attitude, and a healthy drive to succeed while enjoying their work. The brand’s founders, who hail from Colorado, started CBDistillery because they were disgusted that the CBD market was saturated with subpar brands and overpriced products. They simply wanted to make top-shelf products that were affordable and free from harmful chemicals and additives while educating the public about CBD and natural methods of wellness.
- Highlights — CBDistillery offers full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate options. The brand obtains its extracts using organic ethanol and the CO2 extraction method. Some additional ingredients in CBDistillery’s oils include fractionated coconut oil, natural flavors, and natural terpenes.
- Hemp Sources — Non-GMO industrial hemp grown in Colorado.
- About the CBD Oil — CBDistillery offers full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate oils in potencies of 500mg, 1000mg, 2500mg, and 5000mg in natural or mango flavors.
- Lab Testing — Each product is routinely tested for quality and potency, and then a QR code is assigned to the product. Customers can access the independent lab reports by scanning the product’s QR code.
- Customer Service — The brand has a friendly and responsive customer service department.
- Pros — The brand offers full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate products that are both gluten-free and vegan.
- Cons — There are only two flavor options for the brand’s oils. Also, CBDistillery only ships within the United States.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — CBDistillery has the drive to succeed at producing high-quality, clean, and potent CBD oils. The brand has a strong line of oil potencies, however, the flavor options are limited to two choices.
Since 2012, PlusCBD has been a pioneer in the CBD industry. The brand works hard to bring customers clean, safe, and effective hemp-derived CBD products. The team at PlusCBD pushes to change the landscape of what legalized hemp-derived CBD products look like. The brand believes awareness and acceptance of the hemp plant and its benefits are of utmost importance in today’s booming CBD industry.
PlusCBD feels transparency is extremely important, and therefore routinely tests all of its CBD products for purity and potency. The brand is also involved in the product creation process from seed to sale. PlusCBD’s mission is to help improve the well-being of people and of the planet. In order to carry out that belief, the brand works hard to help bolster the health of its employees, customers, and community through science and innovation in the field of CBD.
- Highlights — PlusCBD’s full-spectrum products are crafted from organically grown agricultural hemp. Even though the brand does have CBD oil for dogs, it makes full-spectrum sprays and oil drops for humans. PlusCBD full-spectrum sprays come in strengths of 100mg and 500mg and in unflavored and peppermint flavors.
- Source of Hemp —The brand’s extracts and CBD ingredients come from EU-certified hemp grown by expert farmers with years of experience in cultivating organic hemp. There are no herbicides or pesticides or chemicals used to grow the brand’s hemp. Lastly, PlusCBD uses the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its extracts.
- About The CBD Oil — PlusCBD offers CBD sprays in strengths of 100mg and 500mg, 500mg maximum strength PlusCBD Drops, 250mg PlusCBD Drops, and 500mg PlusCBD Drops.
- Lab Testing — Like most reputable brands, PlusCBD also uses an independent lab to test all of its products for potency and purity. Customers can find those results on the brand’s website.
- Customer Service — Not much is known about the brand’s customer service department. However, it is open Monday-Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm PST.
- Pros — PlusCBD uses whole plant extracts in its products. Dosing is also flexible. Finally, verified customer reviews verify that the taste of the brand’s oils is superb. Customers also say that the brand’s oils help them with energy and focus.
- Cons — The brand’s oils tend to be on the expensive side, and the hemp is sourced overseas. Any hemp that comes from overseas is not regulated the same way that hemp from the United States is.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Even though the brand has a strong reputation, we found that it was lacking in product variety. PlusCBD, however, is transparent, and customers really seem to love the flavor of the brand’s oils.
Green Roads was first started in 2013 by Laura Fuentes who is a compound pharmacist. She began formulating CBD products in her spare time for a friend who was dealing with opioid dependence. Since the venture was successful, Fuentes and her friend Arby decided to create Green Roads so that they could help people who were struggling with the same issue or who were simply looking for a safe, natural wellness product.
Since the company was started before CBD oil and CBD products became hugely popular, the small team at Green Roads had to depend on a grassroots way of making their presence known to the world. Therefore, they began helping one friend and one family member at a time until they were taken seriously by the general public and by the CBD industry. The brand eventually saw huge growth in the CBD market, and decided to expand Green Roads by hiring new team members so that they could be the company that everyone is familiar with today.
- Highlights — Green Roads uses a variety of carrier oils and vegetable glycerine in the creation of its CBD products. This method enhances the bioavailability and improves the taste of the oils. The brand is highly transparent with customers, and uses an independent third-party lab, Kaycha Labs, to routinely test all of its products. Green Roads uses the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its extracts. The brand creates full-spectrum and broad spectrum CBD oils in a variety of strengths and flavors.
- Source of Hemp — All of Green Roads’ hemp comes from farms in NC, OR, and CA where the farmers use organic farming methods.
- About The CBD Oil — Green Roads offers a 750mg Sweet Sleep CBD oil that is a blend of CBD, CBN, and melatonin. The brand’s full-spectrum CBD oils come in strengths of 300mg, 750mg, and 500mg, while its broad spectrum oils come in strengths of 300mg, 750mg, and 1500mg.
- Lab Testing — Every batch of the brand’s CBD is regularly tested by Kaycha Labs, an independent laboratory. Customers are then given access to those test results when they scan the QR codes on the products that they’ve purchased.
- Customer Service — Overall, customers are happy with Green Roads’ customer service department. Customers can contact customer services via a live chat call, or through support email.
- Pros — Green Roads offers a large variety of products that are thoroughly tested by an independent third-party lab. The CBD oils are clean, potent, and come in a wide array of strengths, flavors, and types.
- Cons — While some people enjoy a wide range of products, sometimes having too many options to choose from can be confusing and overwhelming – especially if you are new to the world of CBD.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Green Roads has always followed a strict list of standards when it comes to product formulation, product creation, testing, and certification. Even though the price point may be a bit on the expensive side, the potency and quality definitely make up for that. Moreover, Green Roads is a solid brand that cares about the quality and potency of its products and the well-being of its customers.
Hemp Bombs was founded in 2016 in Tampa, Florida before CBD was “cool” because the owners knew that CBD had numerous documented health benefits. To that end, the brand’s team is dedicated to spreading the word about natural wellness throughout the world with Hemp Bomb’s hemp-derived CBD gummies, CBD oil, and other premium CBD products. All of the brand’s products are crafted from top-quality industrial-grade hemp and manufactured in-house at a state-of-the-art CBD facility that Hemp Bombs owns.
The brand constantly looks for innovative ways for customers to use CBD in their daily lives. In fact, Hemp Bombs wants customers to be able to sleep well, work, exercise, travel, and relax well through regular use of its high-quality CBD products. All of Hemp Bombs’ products are broad spectrum, so even though they don’t contain any THC, you’ll still get all of the benefits of the hemp plant’s cannabinoids, phytonutrients, and terpenes. Along with CBD oil drops, the brand also makes gummies, capsules, vape liquids, topicals, and much more.
- Highlights — Hemp Bombs products are available online and are also sold at 25,000 local retail stores around the nation. Some of the brand’s more popular products include CBD oil drops, gummies, capsules, and topicals. Hemp Bombs have a fairly mid-range price point.
- Source of Hemp — The brand sources all of its organic, high-quality industrial hemp from environmentally conscious and sustainable farmlands in North Carolina. The hemp is also tested for heavy metals, residual solvents, and mycotoxins. Hemp Bombs uses an ethanol alcohol method to extract oil from all of its hemp.
- About The CBD Oil — Hemp Bombs offers a variety of flavors and strengths when it comes to its CBD oils. The oils come in strengths of 125mg, 300mg, 750mg, 1500mg, 3000mg, and 5000mg. The 125mg CBD oil comes in five flavors and is broad-spectrum. All of the other concentrations come in six flavors and are CBD isolate oils.
- Lab Testing — Hemp Bombs uses extensive third-party lab testing by Green Scientific to ensure that all of its products are clean and potent. The lab tests for cannabinoid potency, residual solvents, heavy metals, pesticides, microbes, terpenes, mycotoxins, moisture, water activity, filth, and foreign material. Customers can access the third-party lab reports by scanning the QR codes on the products they’ve purchased. Interestingly, the brand also uses ACS Laboratory to confirm all lab test results.
- Customer Service — Hemp Bombs’ customer service is said to be extremely responsive. Customers are able to get a response to their questions and concerns in a fast and timely fashion. However, some customers said that the replies they received did not fully address their questions and concerns. Moreover, that response was also said to be a bit unfriendly.
- Pros — The brand uses extensive third-party lab testing, has a large product selection, and participates in beneficial scientific research studies.
- Cons — Hemp Bombs uses ethanol extraction, is not that highly rated for its customer service, needs an updated more user-friendly website, and has some low-quality ingredients in some of its products.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Hemp Bombs is a reliable and reputable brand that creates interesting CBD products. The brand’s prices are reasonable and the customers seem to really love Hemp Bombs’ CBD oils. The one drawback that we found was that some of the ingredients in the products were of lesser quality.
Joy Organics was founded by CEO and Co-Founder Joy Smith after struggling for years with her own difficult medical issues. Smith tried a great number of brands with little success before starting Joy Organics. So, she created her own brand that makes high-quality CBD products by using innovation and excellence in craft. Today, Joy Organics is still evolving and developing brand new formulations while improving on existing ones.
- Highlights — Joy Organics makes both broad spectrum and full-spectrum CBD products in a strong range of potencies. The brand uses a supercritical CO2 extraction method to obtain all of its clean and effective extracts.
- Hemp Sources — Farm Bill compliant American farms.
- About the CBD Oil — Joy Organics makes broad spectrum and full-spectrum CBD oils in flavors like Natural, Tranquil Mint, Orange Bliss, Fresh Lime, Tropical Sunrise, and Summer Lemon and in strengths of 450mg, 900mg, 1350mg, and 2250mg.
- Lab Testing — All products are tested by a third-party lab and those results are posted on Joy Organics’ website.
- Customer Service — Customers really like the brand’s helpful and friendly customer service department.
- Pros — Joy Organics makes its products using organic farming methods and is transparent with customers. The brand also offers free shipping on all orders.
- Cons — Joy Organics doesn’t offer international shipping.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Joy Organics is an extremely transparent brand that works hard to make potent and pure CBD oils for its customers. We like the fact that the brand came out of Joy Smith’s need to make a better CBD product than what she had been buying for her own difficult health issues.
The team at Populum has been on a mission to give all of their customers the best possible experience through the clean and potent CBD products that they create. To that end, the brand believes in transparency, creating top-shelf products, and making sure customers are happy. Populum strives to reinvent what modern self-care looks like through all of its premium CBD oils.
Populum first made its way into the CBD industry in 2016. Gunhee Park, the brand’s founder, grew up in South Korea where he learned how to calm and heal his body, mind, and skin with natural herbs. Park’s drive to bring CBD into the mainstream came from having many difficult health issues as a child as well as having a life-long passion for plant-based supplements. As an adult, he found that CBD could be beneficial in healing many tough health issues. To that end, the brand’s main mission is to educate as many people as they can about CBD as they continue to put forth premium products that will help support customers’ health and wellness goals.
- Highlights — Populum, which is located in Arizona, Omaha, and Nebraska, boasts that it has served over 25,000 customers to date. The brand has an array of full-spectrum CBD oils, capsules, topicals, edibles, and pet products. Populum is unique in that it triple-tests all of its products by using an independent lab. The brand then places copies of the lab reports into every order that goes out to customers. Populum also places transparency high among its priorities and also seeks to educate customers as well as offer them live customer support and educational materials.
- Source of Hemp — Populum’s hemp is grown on its Colorado farm. After the CO2 extraction process, the extracts are tested by the brand, and then tested two-more times by an independent third-party laboratory. All of those lab reports are dispensed to customers with their orders.
- About The CBD Oil — Populum’s full-spectrum tincture comes in 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg, and 2000mg. The brand’s oils come in an award-winning orange flavor.
- Lab Testing — The brand triple-tests all of its products through an independent third-party lab and then also sends copies of reports out with every product that is ordered.
- Customer Service — Populum offers customers many different avenues with which to get in touch with them. Customers can contact the brand through email, phone, and live chat support. Many customers report that the brand’s customer service department is very helpful and responsive to customer needs, questions, and concerns.
- Pros — Verified customer reviews confirm that the brand’s oils are potent and effective. Moreover, customers also really enjoy Populum’s flavor profile for their full-spectrum oils. The brand also has strict testing standards and uses extremely clean ingredients in the creation of all of its CBD products.
- Cons — Product prices are somewhat expensive.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Populum is a solid brand that truly cares about its customers. To that end, education, transparency, and the creation of high-quality products are extremely important to Populum. The brand’s full-spectrum oils are clean and potent. Lastly, Populum strives to make sure all customers obtain a copy of third-party lab reports by sending them along with every order.
Since 2016, CBDPure has had a mission to make top-quality CBD products that are regularly tested by a third-party lab and that come with a 90-day, money-back guarantee. CBDPure makes full-spectrum oils that are potent and chemical-free. The hemp that the brand uses is regularly tested for heavy metals, pesticides, and other harmful chemicals. Even though CBDPure has a strong selection of oil strengths to choose from, it does not currently offer any flavor options.
- Highlights — CBDPure thoroughly tests all of its products for harmful chemicals that can hamper the potency and purity of its products. The brand uses the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its high-quality extracts. Customers can easily navigate the CBDPure website to choose an oil or product that best suits their needs.
- Source of Hemp — The brand’s hemp is both organic and non-GMO and is grown and harvested in Colorado and Washington.
- About The CBD Oil — Unflavored full-spectrum CBD oils in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, and 1000mg.
- Lab Testing — All products are tested by an independent third-party lab.
- Customer Service — Highly responsive and knowledgeable customer service department.
- Pros —CBDPure offers customers many different CBD oil strengths to pick from.
- Cons — The brand’s oils do not come in any flavor options.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — CBDPure has a straightforward website that’s easy to navigate. And although the brand doesn’t offer any flavor options for its oils, it still has a solid selection of potencies to choose from. The brand follows strict cGMP manufacturing guidelines and quality control protocols to create top-quality CBD products for its customers.
Located in Scottsdale, Arizona, Premium Jane works to help educate its customers about the healing powers of CBD. The brand crafts a line of affordable, organic, clean products that customers really love. Premium Jane relies on knowledge, passion, and top-shelf materials to create all of its products. The brand hires agricultural experts and farmers to make sure all of its hemp is pure and clean, and chemists, biologists, and marketing developers to help make sure the product line is growing and hanging.
- Highlights — Premium Jane crafts clean and potent CBD oil from hemp that’s grown and regulated in Kentucky.
- Hemp Sources — Hemp that’s regulated and grown in Kentucky.
- About the CBD Oil — The brand makes full-spectrum CBD tinctures in three potencies and a solid selection of flavors. Full-spectrum CBD tinctures in 300mg, 600mg, and 1000mg strengths and in flavors like Natural, Mint Chocolate, Lemon Lime, and Peach Nectar.
- Lab Testing — All products are tested by an independent third-party lab.
- Customer Service — Premium Jane has a caring and knowledgeable customer service department.
- Pros — The brand has many different flavor options.
- Cons — Premium Jane has limited oil potencies available.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Premium Jane works hard to educate its customers. To that end, the brand believes that CBD oil can help with a great number of different issues that people are struggling with. While Premium Jane does have a nice selection of flavor options, its potency choices are a bit limited.
Lazarus Naturals has been creating clean, affordable CBD products since 2014. The brand’s founders have a strong belief that everyone should be able to afford CBD products regardless of their financial circumstances. Lazarus Naturals also helps underserved communities through its partnership with nonprofit organizations and financial donations to various charitable causes. The brand is headquartered in Portland, Oregon.
- Highlights — Lazarus Naturals tries to make CBD available to everyone, even those who may not be able to afford it. The brand uses organic hemp to craft functional, effective, sustainable products.
- Hemp Sources — Organic hemp from Central Oregon.
- About the CBD Oil — The brand creates full-spectrum CBD oils in an array of potent strengths and in interesting and delicious flavors. Lazarus Naturals crafts full-spectrum CBD oils in strengths of 600mg, 750mg, 1200mg, 1500mg, 2400mg, 3000mg, 6000mg, and in interesting flavors of Chai Tea Latte, Classic Flavor, Chocolate Mint, French Vanilla Mocha, Yuzu, Blood Orange, Flavorless, and Wintermint.
- Lab Testing — All products are tested by Columbia Laboratories, an independent third-party lab.
- Customer Service — Customer service is responsive to customer concerns and needs.
- Pros — Lazarus Naturals has a wide variety of CBD oil potencies as well as unusual and interesting flavor options.
- Cons — The brand only ships products to select countries.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Lazarus Naturals works to make clean and potent products that everyone can afford. While we like the brand’s array of products, flavors, and potencies, some customers report not liking the overwhelming molasses flavor of the French Vanilla option. The brand also uses the ethanol extraction process, which differs from the industry-preferred, clean CO2 extraction method that other brands use.
Cheef Botanicals seeks to educate humanity on the hemp plant’s healing power. The brand was first started by a group of cannabis aficionados with over 25 years of experience in the organic food industry. Cheef Botanicals’ founders started the brand because they felt there was a severe lack of health-centered plant-based cannabis products in the state of California. All of the brand’s products are organic, gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, dairy free, and cruelty-free.
- Highlights — Cheef Botanicals partners with Colorado hemp farms to make clean and potent CBD products. The brand makes a variety of full-spectrum oils that only come in natural flavor.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s hemp comes from Colorado hemp farms.
- About The CBD Oil — Cheef Botanicals makes a full-spectrum CBD oil in natural flavor in 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 3000mg strengths, and full-spectrum Hemp CBD Oil Drops in strengths of 300mg. 1200mg, and 3000mg in natural flavor
- Lab Testing — All products are regularly tested by an independent lab and customers can find those results on the Cheef Botanicals website.
- Customer Service — Helpful and smart customer service.
- Pros —Clean and potent full-spectrum oils.
- Cons — The CBD oil flavor and options are limited.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — While Cheef Botanicals does make a line of top-quality products, the flavor options are limited. According to its website, the brand is inspired by all things natural, healthy, and fresh-pressed. The brand is newly “Bunny Certified,” which means that it doesn’t conduct or participate in any animal testing of its products. To that end, the brand’s entire supply has been vetted by Leaping Bunny, and is therefore guaranteed to be completely free of new animal testing.
Why is Sleep Important?
It might not feel like that big of a deal to miss a few nights of sleep. The fact of the matter is, a good night’s sleep is imperative for the proper functioning of the brain and the body. During sleep, the body is able to restore itself. While you sleep, cells synthesize protein, growth hormones are released, and tissues repair themselves.
While we know that sleep is important to the body and the brain, it’s also important to know that not everyone requires the same amount of sleep in order for their body to function optimally. Most adults only need about six to nine hours of sleep within a 24-hour period. According to the Sleep Association, when the body is deprived of sleep, bodily functions can be thrown out of whack. Sleep has a major influence on your immune system, memory, attention, hunger, mood, response time, and so much more.
We all know that children need sleep in order to develop and grow properly. Therefore, when children do not have a restful and restorative night’s sleep, they can potentially do poorly in school. When adults don’t get adequate sleep, their reaction time can be impaired — which means they’ll have increased chances of automobile accidents, their immune system becomes weakened — which means they will be more susceptible to colds, the flu, and other illnesses, and their emotional health will suffer — which means that they’ll become more prone to depression and anxiety. Furthermore, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute states that people who suffer from sleep issues are more likely to develop high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes.
Restful and restorative sleep is vital to mental health and proper body and brain function. Therefore, it’s important to make sure you do all you can to get the best night’s sleep possible. There are many things you can do to set yourself up for a solid night of sleep. First, you can turn off all electronic devices an hour before bedtime and store them someplace other than your bedroom. Second, you can take CBD oil 45 minutes to an hour before bed. Third, you can set up your sleep environment to be calming and peaceful by dimming or turning off the lights, playing soft music or nature sounds, having soft and comfortable bedding, and making sure you go to bed around the same time each night.
Research on CBD and Sleep
Before we can get into why CBD may help as a natural sleep aid, it’s important to learn why sleep issues arise in the first place. There are many reasons why people have sleep issues and insomnia. The Mayo Clinic states that insomnia stems from:
- Anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorders, and other mental health issues
- Prescription medication that disrupts the sleep-wake cycle
- Chronic pain, restless leg syndrome, and other conditions
- Caffeine — if consumed too late in the day
- Poor sleeping conditions such as loud noises or an uncomfortable mattress
A 2019 study shows that CBD can be helpful at treating anxiety, thus allowing a more restful sleep by decreasing the causes of insomnia. In that study, participants were given 25 mg of CBD capsules every day. During that first month, over 79 percent of participants reported having lower anxiety, while over 66 percent reported improved sleep overall.
Likewise, further studies prove that CBD can help to calm down pain, which can help to improve sleep in those struggling with sleep disturbances and insomnia. Scientists also looked into patients diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease and found that CBD helped to calm down issues stemming from REM sleep behavior disorder, which is linked to nightmares and low-quality sleep.
In light of all of the research studies performed, it’s clear to see that CBD is helpful to use for sleep issues and insomnia as part of your daily natural supplement regimen. The next things to determine are what brand you will use and what strength will be the most effective.
CBD Over Pills: How Sleeping Pills Can do More Harm Than Good
Many people suffer from chronic sleep disorders and insomnia. Normally, they try to resolve these issues by taking sleeping pills that they either purchase over the counter or that are prescribed to them by their primary care doctor or healthcare specialist. Lately, however, more people are seeking out natural methods, like CBD oil, to help them get to sleep. While sleeping pills may seem to help the issue in the short term, they can cause serious health issues over time.
There are many side effects associated with sleeping pills. Some of the more common side effects linked to prescription sleeping medication are:
- Changes in appetite
- Burning or tingling in the hands, arms, feet, or legs
- Daytime drowsiness
- Dry mouth or dry throat
- Balance issues
- Unusual dreams
- Attention or memory issues
- Stomach pains
Some people even report having more severe issues, like sleepwalking, while taking sleeping pills. Moreover, people who have been taking sleeping pills for long periods of time can become tolerant to them, or worse, dependent on them.
CBD Oil and the Endocannabinoid System
Every human and animal comes equipped with its own endocannabinoid system, or ECS. The main role of the ECS is to help bring the body back into, and keep it, in a state of balance. To date, experts are still trying to completely understand the workings of the endocannabinoid system. They do know, however, that it plays an important part in helping to regulate various bodily systems and functions including:
- Chronic Pain
- Learning and Memory
- Skin and Nerve Function
- Cardiovascular System Function
Your ECS contains its own cannabinoids that are made by your body. They are similar to the cannabinoids in hemp and marijuana. These endocannabinoids are called anandamida, or AEA, and 2-arachidonoylglycerol, or 2-AG. These two endocannabinoids help the body’s internal workings run smoothly.
The body also has two main endocannabinoid receptors that endocannabinoids bind to so that they can spark your ECS into action. The two main endocannabinoid receptors are:
- CB1 receptors that are found mostly in the nervous system
- CB2 receptors that are primarily found in your peripheral nervous system
The ECS also contains enzymes that break down the endocannabinoids after they’ve finished their jobs. These two main enzymes are fatty acid amide hydrolase which breaks down AEA, and monoacylglycerol acid lipase which breaks down 2-AG.
When you take a full-spectrum CBD product, the cannabinoids like THC, CBG, CBN, and CBC interact with your ECS by binding to the receptors. This allows them to do things like help reduce pain and stimulate appetite.
CBD, however, works with the ECS by helping to prevent the premature breakdown of endocannabinoids. This action allows the endocannabinoids to have a longer effect on your body. There is still ongoing research by scientists as to the other ways that CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system.
How Does CBD Oil Work for Sleep?
As stated earlier, the body has its own natural endocannabinoid system that works to keep it in a state of balance. In thinking about the endocannabinoid system and how CBD works with it, then it makes sense to assume that CBD oil works with the body’s CB1 and CB2 receptors to bring about more restful and restorative sleep through the alleviation of pain, anxiety, and other health issues and systemic dysregulations. Many researchers, therefore, believe that CBD has a positive effect on the root causes of insomnia.
How to Use CBD Oil for Sleep
There are many ways to use CBD for sleep. While some people use CBD pills and capsules, others find that CBD oil, edibles like gummies, and even CBD vapes help them best. CBD oil, however, is the most commonly used CBD product for sleep. How much CBD oil you use and when you take it depends on a number of different factors. Finding the correct dosage of CBD oil depends on your weight, the type of sleep issue you have, and your overall body chemistry.
While many clinical trials give those enrolled between 25mg and 1500mg of CBD oil per day, that’s not the best way to begin using the oil for sleep and insomnia on your own. The best rule of thumb when it comes to taking CBD oil for sleep and insomnia, as well as other tough health issues, is to start low and go slow. Also, patience is key. Sometimes it can take a month or longer to see noticeable results from taking CBD oil regularly. Therefore, consistency is also key. Take the CBD oil at the same time each and every day in order for it to be the most effective.
If you’re on any other medications or have any questions or concerns, then it’s imperative that you speak with your primary care doctor or healthcare specialist before taking any CBD products. It’s always better to err on the side of safety before adding any new supplements into your existing health and wellness regimen.
How to Make CBD Oil More Effective for a Good Night’s Sleep
In order to get the most out of your CBD oil as well as have it be as effective as possible, you should be consistent and patient. Take CBD oil at the same time each and every day. Also, if you are using CBD oil for sleep and insomnia, you should take it about an hour before bedtime. It’s also best to take CBD oil with some food in your stomach. Moreover, when you take your CBD oil, you should hold it under your tongue for about 60 seconds before swallowing. This will give the CBD time to get into your bloodstream through the thin membranes under your tongue. You should feel the CBD take effect within 15 to 45 minutes, and it can remain effective for up to four hours.
After you’ve taken your CBD for the evening, you should begin to disconnect from all electronic devices. Powerdown cell phones, tablets, televisions, and any other electronic device about an hour before bedtime. Store them in a room that’s not the bedroom, as the devices can still emit electromagnetic frequencies that can disrupt sleep.
When it comes to your bedroom, turn the lights off and either leave the room dark or have a softly glowing nightlight. Your bed sheets, comforter, and pillows should be soft and comfortable, and your mattress should be supportive. If you need to hear sounds while you sleep, consider buying a sound machine that can play nature sounds, water sounds, or some type of white noise quietly in the background. Do not have a television in your bedroom. If you must have one, however, shut it off about an hour before bed. Your room temperature should be comfortable as well. Keeping the room too hot or too cold can also potentially interfere with getting a good night’s rest.
CBD Dosage for Sleep
Everyone’s body is different, therefore, there isn’t one set dose that will work best for everyone. When you’re just starting to take CBD, it’s best to start low and go up slowly. Also, higher milligram bottles like 1200mg and 2400mg are great for tougher health issues like sleep and insomnia, while lower strengths like 300mg and 600mg work well to help support general health and wellbeing.
If, for example, you’re using a 600mg bottle of CBD oil, then you should begin by taking a half a dropper full once a day. A half a dropper will equal 10mg. Stay at this dose for about one week before increasing. After a week has passed, check in with yourself to see how you’re feeling. If you feel that you need to increase your dose, then go up to a half a dropper full twice a day. This will equal 10mg of CBD oil twice a day, or 20mg of oil a day. Stay with this dose for another week before seeing how your body feels. If you feel great, then stay where you are. If you don’t feel any differences, then go ahead and increase your dose slowly once again. Follow this method until you’ve reached the best dose for your sleep and insomnia needs. Remember to also take your CBD oil at the same time each and every day. As stated earlier, consistency is key.
Other Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD oil has many scientifically documented benefits. In fact, CBD may help the causes of sleepiness, excessive daytime sleepiness, general grogginess, insomnia, and other difficult health issues. CBD oil can also greatly help with pain, anxiety, and sleep because it works with the body’s endocannabinoid system to help the body return to a state of balance, or homeostasis.
The endocannabinoid system helps in regulating emotions, motor control, immune system function, and pain response. While the body has its own endocannabinoids, when cannabinoids from CBD oil like CBD and THC are taken into the body, they work with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the body’s endocannabinoid system to help calm down anxiety, alleviate chronic pain, and help relax the brain and the body so that restful sleep is easier to come by.
Potential Side Effects of CBD Oil
CBD oil has relatively few side effects. Of the side effects that people experience, some of the more common ones are:
- Changes in mood
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in weight
A study conducted in 2017 found that CBD is a relatively safe and natural form of treatment that comes with mild side effects. If, however, you are on prescription medication that comes with a “grapefruit warning,” then you should consult with your doctor or pharmacist to see if you can safely incorporate CBD into your daily regimen. Typically, when prescription medications have a grapefruit warning on them, grapefruit, grapefruit juice, or other citrus fruits can’t be ingested along with the medication because they cause the body to ineffectively metabolize the medication. When this happens, too much medication enters the bloodstream, and the liver is greatly taxed, thus creating a potentially dangerous overdose scenario. If you’re on medications with a “grapefruit warning,” be advised that CBD acts in the same manner that grapefruits, grapefruit juice, and other citrus fruits do. Therefore, you should consult with your doctor before using CBD while on medications with a “grapefruit warning.”
What to Look for When Buying CBD Oil for Sleep
When buying CBD oil, there are a few things that you should be looking for. First, you should always take the time to deeply research both the brand and the product that you’re interested in. Some things that you should be looking for when buying CBD oil for sleep and insomnia are:
- Brand reputation
- Independent third-party lab reports
- Whether or not those lab reports are easy for customers to find on the brand’s website
- Verified customer reviews
- Articles and other publications written by respected CBD journalists and industry experts
In looking at all of these factors, you will be able to determine the quality of the brand’s CBD oil, whether or not the brand believes in transparency, and how strong the brand’s reputation is among both the CBD industry as well as its customers. Remember, not all CBD oils and brands are created equal. Sadly, there are a host of brands out on the market that use inferior ingredients in order to sell CBD oils that are laden with pesticides, herbicides, solvents, and other harmful chemicals. It pays to take the time to do some research before jumping on the first brand and product you find online.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the two main cannabinoids found in the hemp and marijuana plants. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the other main cannabinoid. While CBD doesn’t have any psychoactive properties, THC can cause feelings of euphoria when taken in high quantities. While the marijuana plant naturally contains large amounts of THC, the hemp plant is bred to contain low levels of THC that will not cause anyone to feel “high.”
Full-spectrum CBD oil derived from hemp contains all of the hemp plant’s beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients, and is less than the legal limit of 0.3% THC. In fact, according to the 2018 Farm Bill, all CBD that’s bought and purchased in the United States must be created from hemp and must contain no more than 0.3% THC.
CBD oil comes in 3 different varieties: full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate. As stated earlier, full-spectrum products contain CBD, THC, and all of the other beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients of the hemp plant. Broad spectrum products are very much like full-spectrum products except they do not contain any THC. Lastly, CBD isolate products only contain 99% pure CBD, as all of the other parts and components of the hemp plant are filtered out.
While each variety has its own set of benefits, only full-spectrum and broad spectrum products create the entourage effect in the human body. The entourage effect is beneficial because each compound boosts each other’s positive effects while dampening each other’s negative effects. In other words, all compounds work together in a synergistic manner. The entourage effect will not happen with CBD isolate products because all THC and other terpenes, phytonutrients, and cannabinoids are filtered out, leaving only 99% pure CBD.
Is CBD Oil Legal?
Thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, CBD products derived from hemp are legal to sell and purchase across the United States. These products must also contain 0.3% or less THC. You should, however, also read your state’s laws and regulations when it comes to CBD products, as these may differ from the federal laws.
Is CBD Oil Safe to Use?
CBD oil has very few side effects associated with it. The most common, mild side effects linked to CBD oil are nausea, diarrhea, fatigue, changes in mood, changes in appetite, and changes in weight. If, however, you are on medication with a “grapefruit warning,” then you should consult with your primary care doctor or healthcare specialist before taking CBD. Like grapefruit, grapefruit juice, and other citrus fruits, CBD can interfere with the way the body metabolizes medication.
Can CBD Oil Help With Insomnia?
The short answer is that yes, CBD oil can help with insomnia. CBD oil works with the body’s endocannabinoid system to help bring the body back into a state of balance. In doing this, pain is alleviated and anxiety is calmed so that the body can better relax and focus on sleep.
When is Best to Take CBD Oil for Sleep?
If you’re using CBD oil to help with sleep issues and insomnia, it’s best to take it at the same time(s) every day. Additionally, you should take your oil at least two hours before bedtime to give it some time to kick in before bed. After taking your CBD oil, you should start setting yourself up for a good night’s sleep. For example, after taking your oil, you should put away all electronic devices, make your way to your bedroom, and prepare for bed. Lower your shades, turn your lights down or off, and play some soft, relaxing music. This will get your body and your brain into the sleep mindset. Create a sleep routine for yourself. In doing this, you’ll set yourself up for a restful and successful sleep in the long run. Taking CBD oil before bed will be the proverbial icing on the cake.
How Much CBD Oil Should I Take to Have a Good Night’s Sleep?
Everyone’s body is different, so there is no one set dose of CBD oil that will work best for everyone. How much CBD oil you should take will be determined by your body weight, your body’s chemical makeup, and the health issue you’re trying to treat. The best rule of thumb when it comes to taking CBD oil is to start low and increase slowly. Stay with a low dose once a day for about a week before checking in with yourself to see how you feel. If you feel that you need to increase your dose, then start taking CBD oil twice a day for about a week before checking in again. Continue with this method until you’ve found the best dosage for your overall needs.
How Long Does CBD Oil Take To Be Effective for a Better Night’s Sleep?
Patience and consistency are key when it comes to using CBD oil for sleep and insomnia. Some people who regularly take CBD oil for sleep say that it took about a month before they felt any noticeable effects. Moreover, it also helps the CBD to be more effective when it’s taken at the same time(s) during the day.
Is CBD Oil a More Effective Sleep Aid Than Sleeping Pills?
Studies show that CBD can have a calming effect on the nervous system. Furthermore, multiple studies have shown that CBD can effectively help treat many other sleep disorders like:
Many scientists think that CBD can help improve sleep by positively impacting other difficult issues like depression, chronic pain, and anxiety that can cause sleep disturbances. When these issues are calmed down, the brain can better focus on getting the body ready for a restorative and restful night’s sleep.
Will CBD Oil Show Up on A Drug Test?
If you are subjected to regular drug tests at work, then you might want to opt for either broad spectrum oils or CBD isolate oils. Even though full-spectrum oils contain 0.3% or less THC, they can still cause a positive drug test. Therefore, you should proceed with caution if you have to take regular drug screenings.
Will CBD Oil Make Me High?
Only hemp-based CBD oil containing 0.3% or less THC is federally legal throughout the United States. Because the THC levels in these products are so low, there’s no possible way that anyone can get “high” from using them. However, if you’re taking a marijuana-based oil, then you will feel “high” because THC levels are considerably higher than those in hemp-derived products.
How Long Do I Need to Use CBD Oil to Get Results?
The biggest thing to remember about CBD oil is that it takes time, patience, and consistency before you will notice any results. In taking your CBD oil at the same time(s) each and every day, you’re ensuring that the levels of CBD in your body are consistent, thus enabling you to feel the most benefits from the oil. Likewise, it takes time for the CBD to build up in your system. It also will take time for you to find the best dose for your body and your needs. Therefore, you need to be patient and give your body time to adjust to both the CBD as well as the dose.
Can CBD Oil for Sleep Be Used Long-Term?
Countless studies prove that CBD is safe to use in the long term for sleep issues and insomnia. In fact, because there’s 0.3% or less THC in all hemp-based oils, there’s no way that you can become addicted to it or feel a “high” from using it. CBD oil is safe to use in the long term over dangerous and addictive prescription sleep medication.
Final Thoughts: Should You Use CBD Oil for Sleep?
If you’ve been dealing with troubling sleep issues or constant insomnia, then CBD oil can be a great way to help tackle those conditions. Countless scientific studies point to CBD oil’s effectiveness in alleviating chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and other difficult health conditions so that the body and brain can relax and focus better on sleep.
Patience and consistency are of utmost importance when you begin taking CBD oil for sleep and insomnia. It can take about a month to feel any noticeable effects, and the oil is most effective when taken at the same time(s) each day. Before adding CBD oil into your health and wellness routine, you should check with your primary care physician or healthcare specialist to see if it will interact with any prescription medications you’re currently taking. Likewise, your doctor can also answer any questions and address any concerns you might have.
Not all CBD brands and oils are created equal. In researching our best CBD oil brands for sleep and insomnia, we spent a great deal of time and effort to find the very best brands for our customers. As we came up with our list of strict guidelines and criteria, it was no surprise that FAB CBD rose to the top. The brand consistently strives to bring its customers pure, potent, innovative products that help to advance all of their health and wellness goals. FAB CBD is also a staunch believer in transparency and making sure that customers have the very best experience. Our second pick, Populum, came in as a strong second place for many of the very same reasons.
If you’ve been struggling with sleep issues or insomnia, you might want to begin looking at natural alternatives, like CBD oil, to help you get a more restful and restorative sleep. When you rest well at night and have restorative sleep, your body and brain can properly repair and regenerate so that you can have better mental focus, have a stronger immune system, function better during the day, be in a better mood, and just be a healthier person all around.