A one-off event to unpack how investors in Europe are accessing the sector.
Image source: Cannabis Finance Forum.
This September AltFi is working with Canaccord Genuity and Cannafi on a one-off event exploring how the fast-growing European cannabis sector is being funded via debt and equity raised via alternative finance.
The Cannabis Finance Forum on 17 September will unpack the twin avenues of alternative debt and equity, and how investors in Europe are accessing this space.
Discussions will be split into streams exploring:
- The Global Scope: contrasting Europe to the Americas
- The Industry Dynamics: exploring the ecosystem, the brands in play and M&A activity
- Accessing the Markets: the stocks, fund structures and indices available for investors
- Regulatory & Legislative Concerns: associated with medicinal and recreational products in the UK and Europe
- Financing the Industry: everything from working capital through to equipment financing and capital debt
Speakers already announced for the one-day event include:
- Robert Jappie, Head of Cannabis Law at London solicitors Mackrell Turner Garrett
- Modwenna Rees-Mogg, founder of AngelNews
- Andrew Holgate, CEO of Equitivo Advisory
- Rebekah Shaman, chair and founder of the British Hemp Association
- Tristan Gervais, Head of European Medical Cannabis at Canaccord Genuity
- Scott Simpkin, Senior Associate at Seedrs
Hosted at Maitland/AMO and produced with media sponsor Prohibition Partners, the full agenda along with a limited number of tickets for the event are available here.