RCMP file photo. – Postmedia News
RCMP in Eskasoni are investigating after a four-year-old girl in the community ate a THC edible on Tuesday night.
Police responded to a report of a child who had eaten chocolate containing THC, the active ingredient in cannabis. The girl was transported to hospital by ambulance for treatment.
It’s the second such incident in the past week where people have fallen ill by eating a cannabis-infused edible in Eskasoni. On Friday, several students and adults unknowingly ate a THC-laced molasses cake during a school celebration.