The adage „there’s nothing constant but change” could not be more accurate when it comes to describing the rapidly evolving hemp industry finance and investment environment. When the regulatory picture changed, providing a legal path to market for raw material providers and processors, branded products, and ancillary services, it seemed the flood gates opened up wide for investors of all types looking to cash-in on the what’s turned into a 20th century gold rush.
As the industry has grown, and begun maturing, opportunities and appetites change. Couple that with a global pandemic placing new variables into play across all production and product sectors, new industry priorities have developed and volatility in supply chains has emerged.
Today we interview Patrick Rea, CEO and co-founder of CanopyBoulder, one of the most active investors in the cannabis industry. Since founding CanopyBoulder in 2013, Patrick has led investments in over 115 companies in the hemp, CBD and ancillary cannabis tech space. He knows a thing or two about the where the industry has been, and thinks he has a pretty decent handle and where the money is heading.
During this episode, we explore:
- What’s changed over the years in the developing hemp CBD market, and where today’s investors a prioritizing.
- A dive into the investor community to understand the types of investors: activist, equity and seed capital.
- How 2020 industry course corrections in supply chains for hemp and hemp CBD have impacted the market for supply chain investment.
- A view into factors affecting today’s company valuations.
- A bit of „futurecasting” in terms of where the industry may be heading.
Patrick Rea, CEO and Co-Founder, CanopyBoulder
Become a hemp industry expert. Tune in today and stay tuned monthly!